Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Introductory Post

Hello everyone. As most of my readers do not know me, I thought I would use my first entry to tell you a little bit about myself. Fair warning, I tend to do a lot of rambling.

I am a twenty-nine year old female residing in northern Georgia with my parents and our two dogs. The reason for this is I was born with a medical condition known as hydrocephalus. In English, that means there was fluid trapped on my brain. The severity of the damage done to my brain led to me developing seizure disorder. That is not to say I am unable to function among regular people. The only thing I really can't do is drive. My journal isn't about this, so I will not go into a lot of detail. However, if you have any questions, I am more than welcome to answer them.

The reason I created this blog was to gain a deeper insight to the ins and outs of the writing world. Don't get me wrong. I am not jumping into this field completely blind. Throughout my teenage years, I wrote a number of children's books. Shortly after graduating from high school, I managed to get one of them published.

Over the years, I have read several how-to books on the subject of writing for children and young adults. Just as the seasons do, what publishers are willing to accept from author's changes constantly. I beg to differ, Shouldn't we, as writers, concentrate on reading more descriptive material and use information gained from reading such stories to enrich the mines of youngsters? I look forward to gaining and sharing opinions with writers on this and many other topics related the challenging and competitive field of writing.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment